American (Evangelical) Lutheran Church
NOW CELEBRATING OUR 65th YEAR!First Worship: May 23, 1948
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
We believe in the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that an individual is saved through faith alone (Sola Fide), by God’s grace alone (Sola Gratia) and revealed to us in God’s inerrant word alone (Sola Scriptura).
We believe that God comes to us through the Means of Grace – His Word and the Sacraments.
We confess our belief in the Christian creeds – Apostles’ Creed, Nicene Creed and Athenasian Creed.
As God’s people, we value:
|Faithfulness – Rev. 2:10||Mercy – Prov. 11:17||Love – I John 4:7-8|
|Humility – II Chron. 34:27||Truthfulness –II Cor. 6:4-7||Prayer – Col. 1:9|
|Peace – Gal. 5:22||Generosity – Prov. 19:17||Forgiveness – Matt. 6:12|
|Justice – Micah 6:8||Peacemaking – Matt. 5:9||Servanthood – Eph. 7:6|
In the name of Christ, we GATHER, GROW, and GO.
We “GATHER IN CHRIST” as we:
1. Praise Him in worship and deed (Matt. 4:10b)
2. Thank Him (I Thess. 5:18)
3. Share the Means of Grace – Word and Sacraments (Col. 3:16)
4. Strengthen our Relationships with Him and one another (Eph. 4:3-6)
We “GROW IN CHRIST” as we:
1. Learn more of Him through every stage of life (John 5:39 & Prob.22:6)
2. Pray constantly for and with one another (Rom.12:12)
3. Encourage each other as individuals, families and members of the body of Christ (I Thess. 5:11)
4. Develop our spiritual gifts (I Cor. 12:4-11)
We “GO IN CHRIST” as we:
1. Share the precious Gospel (John 3:16)
2. Shine as models of Christ in a sin darkened world (Titus 2:7)
3. Love our neighbors, locally and globally (I John 4:7)
4. Establish partnerships to meet the needs of others (Heb.13:16 & Php.1:3-6)
ALC is a member congregation of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).