My grace is enough for you. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Discover God’s healing power through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. Celebrate Recovery is a recovery program for adults dealing with hurts, hang-ups, and habits — providing worship, fellowship, and group discussions. Celebrate Recovery deals with difficulties associated with addiction, co-dependency issues, eating disorders and other issues.
Celebrate Recovery is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. The program is now in over 29,000 churches worldwide, including ALC. This Christian 12-step program regularly meets in the Fellowship Hall each Thursday, with Meet & Greet at 5:30 PM followed by worship and teaching at 6:00 PM (we have FUN!). Men’s/women’s small groups and Step Studies are available as well.
Visit Celebrate Recovery.com
The upcoming 2018 Celebrate Recovery schedule at ALC is as follows:
- August 30 — Come share in this powerful, Christian 12-step teaching about FORGIVENESS. Have you truly accepted God’s forgiveness? Have you forgiven others who may have hurt you? Have you forgiven yourself for any darkness in your past? Remember: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
- September 6 — Tonight we will hear a testimony from the Mental Health Leader of Celebrate Recovery, who himself has struggled with mental illness. We will be addressing issues such as anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and bi-polar disorder, as we learn how a Christian 12-step program can offer support to those struggling with mental health issues.
- September 13 — We will share a lesson on learning to model God’s GRACE: His free gift to us that cannot be purchased. It enables us to turn weakness into strength and to reconcile without blaming.
- September 20 — This will be a very special evening as our own ALC leaders share the story of God working in their own marriage, as though He took 2 out-of-synch metronomes and taught them to beat in rhythm, together.
- September 27 — “Wow, this is how I want to live my life!” We will discuss experiencing a CROSSROAD when God reveals His set of forever tools just for you. Pizza, salad, and dessert are on the menu.
Contact Coordinator, Dale Sams at (928) 420-6480 for more information on ALC’s Celebrate Recovery ministry.