My grace is enough for you. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Discover God’s healing power through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. Celebrate Recovery is a recovery program for adults dealing with hurts, hang-ups, and habits — providing worship, fellowship, and group discussions. Celebrate Recovery deals with difficulties associated with addiction, co-dependency issues, eating disorders and other issues.
Celebrate Recovery is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. The program is now in over 29,000 churches worldwide, including ALC. This Christian 12-step program regularly meets in the Fellowship Hall each Thursday, with Meet & Greet at 5:30 PM followed by worship and teaching at 6:00 PM (we have FUN!). Men’s/women’s small groups and Step Studies are available as well.
Visit Celebrate Recovery.com
The upcoming 2019 Celebrate Recovery schedule at ALC is as follows:
- August 1 —We will celebrate victory over our own weaknesses, flaws and fails because we are learning how to stop trying to change things by ourselves. We must rely on His power to change us - "for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask" (James 1:5).
- August 8 —We all have some hang-ups, bad habits, nagging hurts and so we all need Christ to teach us how to become truly free. Our speaker will recount a personal story of discovering and recovering freedom and peace, through God's grace. You will see that it IS possible!
- August 15 — Holding on to resentments will block God's forgiveness in our lives. Is there anyone in your past who has hurt you? Have you hurt others? We will discuss the powerful, God-given tool of making AMENDS: "forgive others and God will forgive you." (Luke 6:37 You will be blesses!
- August 22 —There is such power in personal testimony! At this meeting we will hear the story of someone who was falling away, but with the help of Christ was able to make a complete U-turn. You will be inspired!
- August 29 — Come share in this powerful teaching about FORGIVENESS. Have you truly accepted God's forgiveness? Have you forgiven others who may have hurt you? Hav you forgiven yourself for anu darkness in your past? Remember: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)
Contact Coordinator, Dale Sams at (928) 420-6480 for more information on ALC’s Celebrate Recovery ministry.